You can set your devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies are used to enable web pages to function more efficiently as well as providing information to the web page owner. Cookies also make it possible to distinguish users from each other, which can give the user a more positive experience of the website.
The term cookie is the most used term but “cookies” actually describe a range of technologies, such as;
- Pixel tags,
- Mobile device identifiers, and
- Web storage used in desktop software or mobile devices.
When we refer to “cookies” in this policy we mean all such technologies.
There are a few different categories of cookies, including:
Session and persistent cookies
- Session cookies – these are cookies which expire once you close your web browser, and
- Persistent cookies – these are cookies which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them.
First and third party cookies
- First-party cookies – these are cookies set by the website that you are visiting at the time, either by us, or by a third party at our request,
- Third-party cookies – these are cookies that are set by a party other than that of the website you are visiting. If you visit Securitas website or use Securitas services and another party sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
Cookies used within this service
In the list below we describe some of the cookies used, as well as the purpose and storage period of each cookie.
In addition to the cookies described below, from time to time we may use additional cookies which may identify visitors to our website. Those cookies may be used to track your behaviour on our website, and allow us to promote our services to you when you leave our website (including through targeted advertisements on third party and social media websites such as Facebook and LinkedIn).
Managing your cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
On your mobile device, your operating system may provide you with additional options to opt out of tracking or to otherwise reset your mobile identifiers. For example, you may use the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Internet-Based Ads” (on Android).
In order to be able to provide relevant information to our visitors, we need aggregated statistical visitor data that is collected by means of cookies.
Lets be in touch
If you have any queries or concerns about the policies set out above, please do not hesitate to contact Securitas via the "Get in Touch" or "Contact Us" form.